Skip to main content

Feedback and Complaints

Feedback: Compliments and Suggestions

We welcome your comments and suggestions based on your experience of our services or our website and you can:

• write to us directly

• complete the survey issued with on-going cases

• or contact the main SCTS enquiry unit

with your feedback.

We periodically run an online pulse survey to seek feedback from visitors to the website to see if there is room for improvements to be made to the site itself. The results of the last pulse survey can be found in the news article here, which includes information on the improvements that we have already made in response to the suggestions we received last time.


If something has gone wrong, please tell us about it so that we can put it right. We hope that you will find your experience of using our service a positive one and aim to deliver an accessible, high quality and cost effective service to the Scottish Community.

Please note that the following guidance is not aimed at people who have a complaint about a decision by the President or a tribunal. If you do not agree with a judicial decision by the President or a tribunal, please go to the Appeals and Reviews page.

Complaints against members of the Scottish Tribunals

If you wish to complain about the personal conduct of a legal or ordinary member of the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing and Property Chamber) and the Upper Tribunal for Scotland, whether inside or outside of the hearing, then you should contact the Judicial Office for Scotland. Further information on how to complain can be found on the Scottish Judiciary website.

Complaints about the administration of the Housing and Property Chamber

If you have a complaint about an adminsitrative issue, then you should follow the guidelines detailed below.The full Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service complaints policy is available on the SCTS complaints page.

A complaint can be made by telephone, fax, in writing or by email - please visit the contact us page for details. Complaints can be made to the email address on that page.

In the first instance, you can call the Housing and Property Chamber and pass your complaint to a member of staff or ask to speak to the Operations Manager, and we will resolve your complaint wherever possible during that first telephone conversation. If that cannot be done, we will agree with you a timescale and plan of action and will respond to you by the agreed time.

If you contact us in writing, we will send you a reply within 5 working days. If we cannot fully respond to your complaint within that time we will let you know when we expect to be able to do so.

When making an administrative complaint:

Please give us clear reasons why you are not satisfied and give as much specific details as you can.

Please let us know how you think we could have dealt with things differently or how we could put things right, or both.

Please visit the contact us page for details of how to contact us by phone, email, letter or fax.

If you are still unhappy and have exhausted our complaints procedure you can then make a complaint through the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO)